Wednesday 1 September 2010

Pleasure City Hip Parade, August 2010

The sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray!

Now, there's a song I've been humming to myself for the past several decades at regular intervals...

However, the Pleasure City Hip Parade records what's been tootling around inside my head over the previous month. And this month, I have mostly been tunelessly warbling...

1. (-) Best Coast - Goodbye (in which the singer wishes her cat could talk - I understand 100%!)
2. (18) Liechtenstein - Passion For Water (in the absence of a Mo-dettes reunion, this will do very nicely! A "grower", as they say)
3. (2) The Maladies of Bellafontaine - Longsocks (would have been a shoo-in for the Festive Fifty number one in Peely's day - my tip for a high placing in Dandelion Radio's version this year)
4. (9) Rote Kapelle - These Animals Are Dangeroos (the highest "old" song this month - I only need two more Rote Kapelle singles to complete my collection!)
5. (6) Best Coast - Happy (the illustration is from the CD version of the Crazy For You album - I was standing just to the left of this photo, unless it was taken during the soundcheck, in which case I was probably about two miles away on the number 17 bus)
6. (1) Helen & The Horns - Freight Train
7. (-) Jesse Garon & The Desperadoes - The Rain Fell Down
8. (5) Withered Hand - New Dawn
9. (3) Best Coast - Far Away
10. (-) Rote Kapelle - Sunday
11. (-) Best Coast - Boyfriend
12. (-) Heavenly - Wrap My Arms Around Him
13. (-) The Chiffons - When The Boy's Happy (The Girl Is Happy Too)
14. (13) Jesse Garon & The Desperadoes - I'm Up Here
15. (4) The Farmer's Boys - All Of A Sudden
16. (-) Betty and the Werewolves - David Cassidy
17. (17) Tender Trap - Do You Want A Boyfriend?
18. (-) Bubblegum Lemonade - Caroline's Radio
19 (-) Summer Cats - Pinhead
20. (-) Misty's Big Adventure - There's Someone At The Window

Ten new entries! 50% turnover in a month! 60% "new"/40% "old" songs! It's a statistician's dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment